The quEAR! festival was held for the first time August 5.-7. 2011 at the wagon housing collective Schwarzer Kanal in Berlin, Germany.
Throughout the three day festival, approximately 1,000 visitors/listeners participated in the event and over 100 people attended workshops on making radio, queering the voice, audio editing software, free radio scene and non-violent communication.
In the more than 50 exhibited sound pieces, a wide range of topics were covered, such as: the fight of LGBTI activists in various parts of the world; police violence against People of Color; the rights of intersex people; the history of the persecution of homosexual men in Germany; the situation of refugees in Europe; feminist body politics; and much more.
You can find the complete program here.
Reports/Press (in german)
- Announcement of the festival 2011 on Transgenderradio Berlin 12.05.2011.
- Interview with radio funDYKE Hamburg 04.06.2011
- Interview with Radio Frei Erfurt 6.8.2011
- Report from the festival on Radio Corax Halle 7.8.2011
- Show about the festival on Radio Blau Leipzig 10.8.2011
- Article in TAZ on 14.06.2011: QuEAR! – das trans*tonale Ohrenfest
- Article in Siegessäule on 03.08.2011: Haste Töne?
The quEAR! Festival 2011 was made possible with the support by:
Thank you to our media partners and allies: